NEW DELHI: India should set up a data regulator and require companies to disclose how they collect and store data devoid of personal details or which has been anonymised, a panel tasked to draw up such regulations has said in a draft report seen by...
- Either sell or advise,Sebi says investment advisors can't do both
- Why reveal names of COVID-19 patients? it involves privacy: Bombay HC
- Record single-day jump of 26,506 COVID-19 cases in India
- General and health insurers launch mandatory Corona covers,Bajaj Allianz General's prm ranges between Rs447 to Rs 5,630 for a Rs 50k policy
- Life insurers see degrowth in new premium income and policies in Apr-June Qtr
Insurers are creating products for a world where virus outbreaks could become the new normal after many businesses were left out in the cold during the COVID-19 crisis.While new pandemic-proof policies might not be cheap, they offer businesses from restaurants to film production companies to...
- Chubb wants U.S. to offer businesses pandemic cover, with insurers taking some risk
- AXA's fund arm sets 33% gender diversity target on company boards
- Business interruption insurance claims are a worry, BoE says before court rules
- Billion-dollar June hail event becomes one of Canada’s costliest severe weather events on record, Aon cat report
- COVID-19 pandemic in Africa is now reaching 'full speed'
``Our strategy is to increase footprint in the developed economies while maintaining and growing market share in our part of the world''
Which are the segments of business where GIC Re is seeking leadership globally? GIC Re has emerged as a major regional reinsurer and aspires to grow into a major global reinsurer. This is on account of our higher share of domestic reinsurance business at about...
- ``There will be a post-Brexit trade deal between India and the UK''
- ``Industry should focus on product innovations, especially in the pension space''
- ``Raising FDI limit will provide opportunities to existing players as well as to new players''
- ``Opening up to 100% FDI may trigger a fresh wave of consolidation and change of shareholding''
- ``With increasing maturity, the FDI limits can be enhanced beyond 49%''
The insurance industry is set to overcome this year’s COVID-19-induced global economic recession, the latest Swiss Re Institute’s sigma says. The COVID-19 crisis will present challenges to industry profitability.In addition to pandemic-related losses, investment returns will remain subdued as interest rates stay low for longer,...
- Eyes in the sky: Investors reach for new tools to gauge climate change risk
- Work-from-home:Best Practices
- ``India will be the 2nd largest infra investment market,to account for 8% of all emerging market spend''
- Eelectric Cars:Emerging risks and claims scenarios for manufacturers,suppliers and insurers
- COVID-19 Pandemic: Emerging risks and trends