The World Bank Group said on Thursday it has decided to discontinue publication of its "Doing Business" rankings of country business climates after a review of data irregularities in the 2018 and 2020 reports. In a statement, the World Bank said that after the irregularities...
- National Asset Reconstruction Company to acquire stressed assets of about Rs 2 lakh crore in phases
- Govt guarantee of Rs 30,600 cr to NARCL for acquiring stressed assets: FM
- Investors richer by over Rs 4.46 lakh cr in three days of market rally
- GST Council to meet on Friday; rate review, tax concession to 11 COVID drugs on cards
- Fresh cyclonic circulation to bring heavy rainfall over east India from Sep 18-19
TC Energy Corporation is the latest Canadian pipeline company allowed to keep its insurers confidential as activist groups push firms to drop business with the fossil fuels industry. The Canada Energy Regulator ruled that the names of TC Energy’s insurers are “commercial information” and the...
- EU launches health crisis body to prepare for future pandemic
- Allianz Partners expands its Digital Health Assistant to ten markets in Asia-Pacific
- Asia supercharges vaccination efforts after slow start, U.S. lags
- UK COVID-19 business insurance payouts top one billion pounds -watchdog
- Total market cap of listed InsurTechs surpasses $22 billion in 2020:Capgemini Report
``Presence of a health regulator would have ensured treatment protocols, reasonability of charges and quality of service in hospitals''
How do you see 20 years of liberalisation of the Indian insurance sector? Is it a success story? What more need to be done? The liberalisation of the Indian insurance sector has been beneficial in several ways. The insurance penetration has increased from 1.93% of...
- ``Biodiversity provides medicine and food of good quality and fights against climate risk, it makes sense to protect it''
- ``Millennial buyers and the maturity of digital tools will bring about profound change in insurance distribution models''
- ``Traditional products will become simpler and standardized,the demand will be more for innovative products to cover emerging risks''
- ``Insurers are fast-tracking their digital adoption to survive Covid-19 Pandemic''
- ``Our strategy is to increase footprint in the developed economies while maintaining and growing market share in our part of the world''
Ben Dyson Insurers, reinsurers and brokers are still grappling with how to best address terrorism risk and absorbing the lessons of the tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001, two decades after they shook the world. Almost immediately after the attacks, the parts of the insurance...
- COVID-19: further lockdowns unlikely but some winter restrictions are possible
- From locusts to cyclones: the human cost of interlinked disasters
- Blue sky thinking: 5 things to know about air pollution
- Covid 19 Pandemic: Almost 1 in 3 affected due to work stress, ICICI Lombard survey
- The hybrid work revolution after Covid-19 is already transforming economies