New Delhi: The Chennai international airport has been closed till 7 AM on Thursday amid bad weather conditions caused by Cyclone Nivar, the Civil Aviation Ministry said. Gusty winds and rains lashed parts of Tamil Nadu on Wednesday, leaving several areas inundated. Authorities have housed...
- Indian govt to invest $812 million in NIIF
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank-DBIL merger effective from Nov 27: RBI
- MHA guidelines: Local restrictions like night curfew allowed; Prior consultation with Centre needed for any lockdown outside containment zones
- India's COVID-19 caseload goes past 92 lakh; no. of active cases increases by 6,079
- Indian general insurance industry plunges into losses of Rs 1402 crore in 2019-20, sees higher FDI inflow
Reinsurance rates are likely to rise in the double-digit percentage point range at key contract renewals in January, Denis Kessler, chairman and chief executive of the French reinsurer SCOR, said on Wednesday. SCOR, one of the world’s largest reinsurers, has faced large claims due to...
- AIA pares coal investments, faces environment group scrutiny
- Fintechs seen eating into market share of established insurers, EU says
- World agonises over new COVID curbs as infections approach 60 million
- UNICEF and IATA partner to deliver COVID-19 vaccines to over 92 countries
- AXA XL appoints Nicola Harris as Head of Energy, UK and Lloyd's market
``Millennial buyers and the maturity of digital tools will bring about profound change in insurance distribution models''
How do you see the situation triggered by the Covid-19 Pandemic and its extensive impacts on insurers? The biggest challenges and impact insurers are facing due to Covid-19 are: (1)the inability to sell face-to-face (this is pretty much how insurance was sold to date) (2)the...
- ``Traditional products will become simpler and standardized,the demand will be more for innovative products to cover emerging risks''
- ``Insurers are fast-tracking their digital adoption to survive Covid-19 Pandemic''
- ``Our strategy is to increase footprint in the developed economies while maintaining and growing market share in our part of the world''
- ``There will be a post-Brexit trade deal between India and the UK''
- ``Industry should focus on product innovations, especially in the pension space''
By Andy Mukherjee A working group set up by the Reserve Bank, the regulator, has suggestions for what to do with ownership of private-sector banks. Large industrial houses may be permitted to own controlling stakes, it says, but only after strengthening regulation and supervision to...
- Clarity Over Coverage is Critical as COVID-19 Casts a Shadow over Jan Renewals
- A better tomorrow won’t fix India’s broken today
- Bumper harvests, healthy stockpiles but coronavirus world is undernourished
- Without us even realising it, Google has occupied every nook and cranny of our existence
- Risk Management: COVID-19 spurs collaboration and innovation