Mumbai: With a record premium income of Rs 41,799.37 crore, up 24.5 per cent, the state-run GIC Re has posted a net profit of Rs 3,233.59 crore, up three per cent, in 2017-18. The Indian insurer, that got listed recently in the Indian bourses with...
- Employers in India expect workplace automation to double over the next three years:Willis
- UII's net profit at Rs 1003 cr in 2017-18, improves combined ratio, underwriting losses and solvency margin
- Govt unveils cheaper rates for treatment packages under NHPS
- Cyclone Sagar: IMD issues advisory to 5 states, 1 UT
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance records a net profit of Rs 921 cr, up 27 % in FY 18
Brussels: The European Commission is today proposing to strengthen EU rules on motor insurance to better protect victims of motor vehicle accidents and improve the rights of insurance policyholders. Today's proposal will ensure that victims of motor vehicle accidents receive the full compensation they are...
- XL Catlin unveils autonomous tech insurance
- World's first blockchain platform for marine insurance now in commercial use
- China jails insurer PICC's ex-president for corruption: state media
- India 145th among 195 countries in healthcare access, quality
- EU says it can't guarantee Brexit won't hit financial contracts
How do you see the liability risks scenario in the Asian economies? The general liability risks scenario for India is viewed as low. However, this can be deceiving if applied across all of liability exposures as certain exposures at a primary level such as Directors...
- ``For acquisition,we will look at opportunities which are good in pricing’’
- ``International reinsurers have taken a cautious stance & we have not seen an increase in competition in an already competitive Indian market''
- ``India is set to become the first and the only country to have a plan and strategies to reduce natural calamities losses’’
- ``Customers have started buying/renewing policies online''
- ``We certainly see India as one of high primary growth market with future growth potential across all segments of insurance''
The insurance industry is passing through testing times. The ever-changing regulatory framework, operational difficulties due to complex business processes and rising expectations of digitally savvy consumers are challenging the carriers to push their limits. Insurance providers have already been embracing core insurance technology systems covering...