Mumbai: Led by state owned New India Assurance, the gross direct premium written by non-life insurance companies rose by over 22 per cent in April this year to Rs 17,309.54 crore, as per regulatory data. All the 33 insurance companies in the non-life segment had...
- Insurers can't deny Carona covers to customers: IRDAI
- Universal pricing system for COVID-treatment introduced in pvt hospitals: Kerala govt tells HC
- Budget heading for vaccination expenditure does not inhibit Centre from using funds: FinMin
- No judicial interference needed in Covid-19 vaccine policy: Centre tells SC
- 2,118 branches of state-run banks closed or merged in last fiscal: RTI
London, May 10: When much of the global economy locked down last year, insurers, facing estimated losses of more than $100 billion globally, reached straight for their red pens to strike pandemic cover from all new business policies. Denis Kessler, chairman and CEO of French...
- Vaccine deserts: Some countries have no COVID-19 jabs at all
- UK court to reconsider $6.9 bln Brazil dam lawsuit against BHP
- China's Waterdrop raises $360 mln in New York IPO -sources
- Egyptian court rejects appeal against detention of ship in Suez Canal
- WHO experts voice "very low confidence" in some Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine data
``Presence of a health regulator would have ensured treatment protocols, reasonability of charges and quality of service in hospitals''
How do you see 20 years of liberalisation of the Indian insurance sector? Is it a success story? What more need to be done? The liberalisation of the Indian insurance sector has been beneficial in several ways. The insurance penetration has increased from 1.93% of...
- ``Biodiversity provides medicine and food of good quality and fights against climate risk, it makes sense to protect it''
- ``Millennial buyers and the maturity of digital tools will bring about profound change in insurance distribution models''
- ``Traditional products will become simpler and standardized,the demand will be more for innovative products to cover emerging risks''
- ``Insurers are fast-tracking their digital adoption to survive Covid-19 Pandemic''
- ``Our strategy is to increase footprint in the developed economies while maintaining and growing market share in our part of the world''
Leonid Bershidsky: When Google renamed itself Alphabet Inc. in 2015, co-founder Larry Page revealed that one of the new name’s meanings was a pun: alpha-bet, as in “a bet on investment returns above a benchmark.” This implied that the so-called “Other Bets” in Google’s financial...
- US employers brace for Covid’s Mental Health fallout as workers return
- Tens of millions have plunged into poverty in Covid ravaged India
- 'Turning the Corner': U.S. COVID outlook reaches most hopeful point yet
- Covid, Cyber, Compliance and ESG top risk concerns for financial services sector: Allianz
- Fighting misinformation in the time of COVID-19, one click at a time