: New Delhi: The Indian government is likely to seek to raise about 800 billion rupees ($11.21 billion) through the sale of state-owned assets in the next fiscal year, beginning April 1, two government sources with direct knowledge of budget discussions told Reuters on Tuesday.The...
London: Miller has continued its rapid expansion into the entertainment market with the hire of four specialists in music insurance, led by Martin Goebbels, who is joined by Rose Burgess, Holly Leary and Pamela Choat. Having worked together for many years, the team has extensive...
- Weather catastrophes drive majority of $225 billion economic cost of natural perils in 2018 – Aon report
- France uses strict EU privacy law first time, fines Google 50 mn euros
- AGCS opens reinsurance branch in India, targets EUR50 million premium over next 5 yrs
- India likely to surpass UK in the world's largest economy rankings: PwC
- A.J. Gallagher’s 'clean coal' business draws ire of green investors
How do you see the developments in the Indian re/insurance market in next five years? The Indian insurance industry is at an inflection point from where it is poised to grow manifold on the back of robust economic growth and higher disposable income. The industry...
- ``18 out of 24 companies are profitable in the Indian life insurance space in 2017-18’’
- ``The idea of sandbox regulation is good as it allows to introduce new products’’
- ``We aspire to touch Rs 1000 cr premium mark by the end of the fiscal''
- ``We have been able to reach insurance solutions to customers in over 2,00,000 villages in India''
- ``We have initiated steps to obtain a Branch License in Qatar’’
The privatisation of the insurance industry in the 2000s gave an overall boost to the insurance sector. However, till late 2012, banks were allowed to sell insurance products of just one insurancecompany, in each category. Thereafter, with the new regulation, banks were allowed to adopt...