Mumbai: After finalising settlement of around Rs 16,000 crore of insurance claims for the Kharif 2017, under Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY), the government will be coming up with a set of new guidelines to make the system more efficient, Ashish Bhutani, additional secretary,...
- SC makes 3 yr TP policy mandatory for 4-wheelers, 5 yrs for 2-wheelers
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance posts a net profit of Rs 128 crore in Q1
- General insurance collection up 12.2% to Rs 37,349 Cr in Q1
- ECGC cuts down its exposure to Gems & Jewellery sector
- HDFC Ergo General Insurance is likely to be listed in next two years
London: Britain’s banks and insurers must plan for a “hard” Brexit in case a transition period is not in place next March, a senior British regulator said on Thursday in a warning echoed by Brussels. “With eight months until we exit the European Union in...
- European Union fines Google a record $5 billion over mobile practices
- FDA cites Drug Warning Scam over Online Medications
- RMS strengthens Asia-Pacific capabilities in version 18 of Modeling Software
- Munich Re appoints a new CFO, reorganises Board
- Scientists peer into heart of hurricanes to improve intensity forecast
Winfried Heinen, Chairman of the Executive Board of Directors of General Reinsurance AG Finally you have a direct branch operation in India. How do you see the journey so far? Establishing a reinsurance branch is an important milestone for us. We firmly believe in the...
- “China and India have seen growth in the demand for liability insurance”
- ``For acquisition,we will look at opportunities which are good in pricing’’
- ``International reinsurers have taken a cautious stance & we have not seen an increase in competition in an already competitive Indian market''
- ``India is set to become the first and the only country to have a plan and strategies to reduce natural calamities losses’’
- ``Customers have started buying/renewing policies online''
Cyber, Climate Risks & Human Error Threaten Shipping’s Safety Progress,Asian losses buck global trends
London/New York/Munich/Paris/Singapore: Large shipping losses have declined by more than a third (38%) globally over the past decade, according to Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE’s (AGCS) Safety & Shipping Review 2018, with this downward trend continuing in 2017. Yet, incidents in the South China,...