Mumbai: The profit after tax (PAT) of ICICI Lombard General Insurance, the largest private sector geneeral insurer, grew by 7.1 per cent to Rs 310 crore in Q1 FY2020 as against Rs 289 crore in Q1 FY2019. The company's profit before tax (PBT) grew by7.2...
- Better career prospects, sense of fulfilment attract expats to India: Survey
- India down 3 Places in mobile, broadband speed: Report
- Subsidy for EVs only for commercial vehicles, not personal usage:Govt
- Digital transaction volumes up 51% in 2018-19 to 3,133.5 crore, says Ravi Shankar Prasad
- DGCA found safety management system of 5 airlines deficient: Govt
Geneva: WHO Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus declared the Ebola virus disease (EVD) outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC). “It is time for the world to take notice and redouble our efforts. We need...
- Boeing Creates $50M Crash Victims’ Fund
- Financial world’s blockchain euphoria gives way to pragmatism as projects stall
- Shipping firms begin hiring unarmed guards for voyages in Middle East Gulf
- More than one in 10 firms losing over $10 million due to cyberattacks:Willis Towers Watson
- Harvard University invests in Litigation Finance Fund
What are your board agenda for NIA now? The year to date permormance has not been great as we were hit by multiple catastrophe claims in India and abroad coupled with non-operational issues like write down of the investments and impact of change in accounting...
- ``We do write a lot of agriculture business and it contributes to about 40% of our business in India''
- ``We are more focused on improving the pricing and the other terms and conditions''
- ``Rapid technology growth compelling pragmatic shift in India's risk mitigation landscape''
- ``18 out of 24 companies are profitable in the Indian life insurance space in 2017-18’’
- ``The idea of sandbox regulation is good as it allows to introduce new products’’
WHO’s Essential Medicines List and List of Essential Diagnostics are core guidance documents that help countries prioritize critical health products that should be widely available and affordable throughout health systems. Published a couple of days back, the two lists focus on cancer and other global...