New Delhi: Punjab National Bank (PNB) could take control of two or three small state-run banks, that could include Oriental Bank of Commerce, Andhra Bank and Allahabad Bank, two sources familiar with the situation told Reuters. New Delhi has been trying to merge smaller regional...
- IndiaFirst Life net rises 20% to Rs 62 crore in FY19; total premium crosses Rs 3,200 crore
- Ashok Leyland ready to ride on Elon Musk's India dream
- Investor wealth soars Rs 5.33 trillion as exit polls predict return of NDA
- India's drug regulator warns patients against faulty Medtronic pacemakers
- Irdai proposes to increase third-party insurance premium for cars, two-wheelers
The social media giant Facebook Inc. is headed toward an agreement with the U.S. government over its privacy policies and practices that would put it under 20 years of oversight, according to a source knowledgeable about the discussions. The agreement would resolve a probe of...
- Airlines urge Nations’ Regulators to avoid competing Safety Rules
- EU removes Bermuda, Aruba, Barbados from tax haven blacklist
- London marine insurers widen Middle East threat zone after ship attacks
- Boeing completes 737 Max software upgrade
- Aon and Guy Carpenter partner with The Institutes RiskStream, to streamline the reinsurance placement process
``We do write a lot of agriculture business and it contributes to about 40% of our business in India''
Swiss Re has completed more than one year of direct operations in Indian market. How do you see the Indian market? The reason that we have established direct operations in India is because we wanted to be on the ground, to better understand and cater...
- ``We are more focused on improving the pricing and the other terms and conditions''
- ``Rapid technology growth compelling pragmatic shift in India's risk mitigation landscape''
- ``18 out of 24 companies are profitable in the Indian life insurance space in 2017-18’’
- ``The idea of sandbox regulation is good as it allows to introduce new products’’
- ``We aspire to touch Rs 1000 cr premium mark by the end of the fiscal''
By Christine Lagarde and Vitor Gaspar Climate change is the great existential challenge of our times. It is a challenge that spans all regions, with especially severe consequences for low-income countries. Without mitigating actions, global temperatures are projected to rise by 4oC above pre-industrial levels...