New Delhi: The Centre has saved Rs 90,000 crore by digitally transferring money to beneficiaries of 440 government schemes, Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant said today. Kant further said India will be the first country in the world which will make debit/credit cards redundant. "(The)...
SYDNEY: Insurance Australia Group (IAG). Australia's largest insurer, is selling out of its most of the Asian business including Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam following a strategic review of the region. The company today announced the $525 million sale to Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance...
- China, Britain seek deeper insurance cooperation under Belt and Road Initiative
- Harvey Weinstein Wants Jury to Rule on Sex-Assault Insurance
- London, other cities call for new petrol and diesel car ban to start earlier
- Tesla-loving nation now wants to be a pioneer in electric planes
- Gaming addiction classified as disorder by WHO
How do you see the liability risks scenario in the Asian economies? The general liability risks scenario for India is viewed as low. However, this can be deceiving if applied across all of liability exposures as certain exposures at a primary level such as Directors...
- ``For acquisition,we will look at opportunities which are good in pricing’’
- ``International reinsurers have taken a cautious stance & we have not seen an increase in competition in an already competitive Indian market''
- ``India is set to become the first and the only country to have a plan and strategies to reduce natural calamities losses’’
- ``Customers have started buying/renewing policies online''
- ``We certainly see India as one of high primary growth market with future growth potential across all segments of insurance''
In 2018 alone, there have been 50 severe storms across 16 Indian states that have led to more than 500 deaths, compared to 22 storms between 2003 and 2017 Deadly dust storms sweeping over the densely-populated north Indian plains are part of a "new normal"...
- Tech Push for Micro Insurance
- Despite progress, India has a long way to go in digital and financial inclusion: W20
- Natural resources mismanagement pose interruption & liability risks for biz:Allianz Study
- Srikrishna panel likely recommendations make Google and Amazon Nervous
- AI matching human intelligence still decades away: CA research scientists