New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Tuesday granted an interim stay on the Allahabad High Court order directing the Uttar Pradesh government to impose strict restrictions till April 26 in five cities in view of the COVID-19 surge. A bench headed by Chief Justice of...
- US advises its citizens to avoid travelling to India due to COVID spike
- India has opportunity to lead the world on climate change: Deloitte CEO
- Cyclone Amphan of 2020 resulted in USD 14 bn economic losses in India UN report
- Non-stop cremations cast doubt on India's counting of COVID dead
- India reports daily rise in COVID-19 cases of 259,170
SHANGHAI: China launched the country’s first class-action lawsuit against a listed company on Friday, targeting Kangmei Pharmaceutical Co, as regulators vowed “zero tolerance” against accounting fraud and other capital markets “tumors”. The China Securities Investor Service Centre (CSISC), a government-affiliated body, is suing Kangmei on...
- J&J, other drugmakers go to trial in US in $50 bn case over opioid abuse
- UN warns of climate 'abyss' as 2020 confirmed as one of 3 hottest years on record
- Hong Kong bans flights from India, Pakistan and the Philippines for 2 weeks
- Covid-19 will leave deep scars in world economy even after recovery
- IBM flags more cyber attacks on COVID vaccine infrastructure
``Biodiversity provides medicine and food of good quality and fights against climate risk, it makes sense to protect it''
Why is biodiversity important for AXA? If we take a cold review, $33 trillion is the estimated monetary value of goods and services that ecosystems provide. What that means is that ecosystems play a large role in our economies. If we do not ensure that...
- ``Millennial buyers and the maturity of digital tools will bring about profound change in insurance distribution models''
- ``Traditional products will become simpler and standardized,the demand will be more for innovative products to cover emerging risks''
- ``Insurers are fast-tracking their digital adoption to survive Covid-19 Pandemic''
- ``Our strategy is to increase footprint in the developed economies while maintaining and growing market share in our part of the world''
- ``There will be a post-Brexit trade deal between India and the UK''
Karan Deep Singh and Hari Kumar Ashish Anand had dreams of becoming a fashion designer. A former flight attendant, he borrowed from relatives and poured his $5,000 life savings into opening a clothing shop on the outskirts of Delhi selling custom-designed suits, shirts and pants....
- Latest Covid-19 wave deadlier in Brazil than India: No one knows why
- Has China's $16 trillion economy fully recovered?
- As U.S. cities embrace tech, cyberattacks pose real-world risks
- With poor data on variants, India's Covid surge remains a mystery
- How can we vaccinate the world? Five challenges facing the UN-backed COVAX programme