New Delhi: Many Indian firms, including some of those with Rs 10,000 crore revenue, have been found to be lagging on compliance of European Union data protection rule, according to a survey conducted by advisory firm EY. "63 percent of those who are familiar with...
- Pune most livable followed by Navi Mumbai, Rampur in UP is is the worst
- Ashish Kumar Bhutani appointed CEO of PM crop insurance scheme
- IRDAI forms panel to review regulations on surveyors & loss assessors
- PM Modi may push financial inclusion drive in I-Day speech
- UIDAI plans Aadhaar crash course on risks
A California jury on last Friday found Monsanto liable in a lawsuit filed by a man who alleged the company’s glyphosate-based weed-killers, including Roundup, caused his cancer and ordered the company to pay $289 million in damages. The case of school groundskeeper Dewayne Johnson was...
- 2nd Chinese Manufacturer Makes Tainted, Carcinogenic Heart Drug: EU
- Global commercial insurance prices rise for 3rd consecutive quarter: Marsh
- China's new silk road may lead to USSR-like collapse
- Qatar on track to lose its world’s richest place status to Macau
- Tests expose risks of Semi-Autonomous driving systems
Winfried Heinen, Chairman of the Executive Board of Directors of General Reinsurance AG Finally you have a direct branch operation in India. How do you see the journey so far? Establishing a reinsurance branch is an important milestone for us. We firmly believe in the...
- “China and India have seen growth in the demand for liability insurance”
- ``For acquisition,we will look at opportunities which are good in pricing’’
- ``International reinsurers have taken a cautious stance & we have not seen an increase in competition in an already competitive Indian market''
- ``India is set to become the first and the only country to have a plan and strategies to reduce natural calamities losses’’
- ``Customers have started buying/renewing policies online''
Genetic-testing companies that have decoded the DNA of millions just introduced new guidelines to protect data privacy. But those best practices failed to address a major concern: what happens to customers’ data that is shared for research with pharmaceutical giants, academics and others, often for...