New Delhi State-owned insurer LIC Tuesday said it will not allow debt-ridden IL&FS to collapse and explore options to revive it. The Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) has the largest shareholding in IL&FS. IL&FS Financial Services, a group company of IL&FS, defaulted on one of its...
- Govt announces states' financial inclusion index, easy online MSME loans
- RBI to improve data analytics system for banking industry
- Monsoon rains to start withdrawing from Saturday: MET Department
- Government mulls ordinance to fast track settlement of commercial disputes
- Govt to start merging regional rural banks, to cut tally to 36
London: Britain’s finance minister urged the European Commission to help devise European contingency plans for the financial sector in case of no deal on Brexit, pointing to growing concerns about a disorderly departure from the European Union. Philip Hammond made his plea at the beginning...
- Porsche first German carmaker to abandon diesel engines
- Lloyd’s returns to profit for the first half of 2018
- Florence portends more massive hurricanes in age of global warming
- Digitally influenced spending in emerging markets to reach $4 trillion by 2022: Report
- Marsh & McLennan to buy UK broker JLT for $5.7 billion
How has been your performance in 2017 in terms of premiums, policies, claim settlement and profitability? The company has done quite well in the year 2017. We have posted good performance in all areas of operation and stands out as one of the major players...
- ``JLT Independent has premium placements exceeding Rs 1000 cr in a span of three years’’
- ``Market conditions are very tough in the Indian general reinsurance business''
- “China and India have seen growth in the demand for liability insurance”
- ``For acquisition,we will look at opportunities which are good in pricing’’
- ``International reinsurers have taken a cautious stance & we have not seen an increase in competition in an already competitive Indian market''
Insurers are increasingly operating on a shifting landscape across the world. From technological innovations, unconventional monetary policies, political upheavals to regulatory tweaking; the ground rules are being redefined. Today, with technology-driven eco-system we see increased efficiencies, better economies of scale, quicker delivery and innovations. Traditional...